Let’s face it, work looks a lot different nowadays all over the world. While some are working from home, others are able to work from an office or take clients in person. Despite differences in means of work today, these fun facts about the working life still remain true.
1. Monday is the most common sick day. Except in Australia, apparently, where the most common sick day is Tuesday.
Sometimes that weekend really catches up to you on a Monday, ya know? Or you realize the mistake in not taking Monday off and promptly take Tuesday as a day for rest and recovery.
2. Fridays are the least likely day to be sick. People are much happier and likely to go to work on Fridays. Fridays also tend to be the day where it is more social and positive in the office/workplace.
Fri-YAY feelings, am I right?
3. If you work 40 hours a week from age 20-65 you will work just over 90,000 hours in your lifetime.
I don’t like this fun fact…
4. Retail salesperson is the most common job in North America. There are 1.9 million retail salespeople in Canada!
We support our retail workers that have to deal with Karens and Kens and all sorts of crazy customers.
5. Leonardo Da Vinci is credited with writing the first resume.
Didn’t know this!
6. In Germany, employers can require women to wear bras to work. (Yes. This is true!)
7. The Netherlands has the shortest work week in the world at 29 hours per week. That’s a full 11 hours, or a day and a half shorter than in Canada.
When will America adapt this mentality… Oh right, never.
8. McDonald’s has 761,000 employees worldwide. Yes. Really!
9. The average office worker spends 50 minutes a day looking for lost files and other items. That’s almost an hour a day!
Ha-ha couldn’t be me… (sorry, boss)
10. “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy is ranked #100 on VH1?s 100 Greatest Songs of the 80?s.
Aren’t we all working for the weekend? Timeless song.
Hope you enjoyed these random fun work facts as much as we have!